Published July 27, 2012
Seeing how my previous bookmarks post was well-received, here is MOAR!
A collection of helpful tutorials, tools, and libraries for folks learning Python/how to code, or looking to improve and explore their skills.
Tutorials & How-tos
- Introduction to Twisted: A thorough introduction to Twisted and Asyncronous programming in Python.
- tryGit: Learn Git with GitHub& Codeschool’s new tutorial.
- Django: The Undocumented Settings: Tricks when writing the settings.py file for Django.
- Getting Started with Django from Heroku: A tutorial using Django and deploying with Heroku. Assumes some knowledge of virtual environments.
- Online Python Tutor: Learn & Practice programming in your browser.
- Protips on Conference Talks: Thinking about giving a talk at a conference? Here is some great advice on how to rock it!
- Sublime for Python and Web Developers: How to squeeze more power out of one of the most popular, light weight text editors for Python.
- Sublime Short cuts**: Learn to get more out of the latest text editor.
- Visual Crontab Editor: Easily create crontab syntax for your Linux or Unix servers.
- [PEP-8 Style Guide Checker][PEP8]: Are you writing code according to the standard Python guidelines? Have no idea? Try out this library.
- Logr: Simple Python blogger.
- Git Legit: Git for Humans.