Need some hands-on help? Want some guidance? Many people have helped me get to where I am now, and I’d like to offer the same. I am available for mentorship, code reviews, Python tutoring, or technical interview prep.
($25-75/hour - sliding scale)
One-on-one mentoring for professional and personal development in the software industry.
Rate based on a sliding scale! Wish to receive mentoring but the regular rate is a bit too much? Please reach out - let’s work something out!
Technical Interview Prep
($50-100/hour - sliding scale)
Have an upcoming a technical interview? Let’s get you prepared! Choose how you best want to spend your time with two different approaches:
- Early in your preparation? Let’s take a pairing approach and walk through the typical interview problems you’ll see.
- Need some interviewing practice? I’ll give you a “real life” mock interview, then take 15 - 30 minutes for feedback on performance and how to improve.
Areas of focus:
- programming/coding (any language)
- data structures & algorithms
- system design
Rate based on a sliding scale! Wish to receive interview practice but the regular rate is a bit too much? Please reach out - let’s work something out!
($65 /40 minutes)
Got come Python code that you’d like feedback on? Let me see it!
Send your code before the appointment (ideally, a few business days ahead), and I’ll write up feedback on anything that you specifically request as well as the overall approach, performance, idiomatic patterns, etc. Then during the appointment, I’ll walk through my feedback answering any questions. If applicable, I’ll add suggested code changes and submit them as pull requests for you to keep a record of. After the appointment, I’ll provide any additional feedback in written form.
If desired, I can sign or provide an NDA to ensure confidentiality of your code. Reach out if this is needed.
One-on-one Python-based tutoring.
Want to pair program on a particular problem? Got a tough bug you can’t figure out, or having a hard time wrapping your head around asynchronous programming? Are you a student, and wish a professional engineer could explain some study material and walk through homework sets? Allow me to help!
Areas of focus in Python:
- algorithms and data structures
- object-oriented programming
- web development (Flask, Django, Pyramid)
- writing libraries and packages
- building backend services (RESTful, event-driven)
- asynchronous programming (asyncio, threading, multiprocessing)
Something not listed? Feel free to reach out.